Paradise Babies, located in Roatan, Honduras, is a child care center and a babysitting service.
Both entities focus on providing age appropriate care and guidance, employing trained and professional staff, and setting high standards for early childhood education.
We model high quality child care through:
· Child Respect. We value and treat all individuals at Paradise Babies with dignity and respect. We model active listening, set and communicate expectations, and provide choices when appropriate. We believe all individuals, no matter what their age, deserve equal and fair treatment.
· Child-focused Programming. Teachers and caregivers at Paradise Babies complete annual and ongoing assessments on children’s development. The information gathered guides and directs the curriculum we use every day. Activities and experiences at Paradise Babies are tailored to each child and focus on learning through play.
· Responsive Caregivers. We employ loving and responsive adults who understand the importance of positive and caring relationships in the development of a healthy child. Paradise Babies values and supports continued education and training for all of our caregivers.
· Cultural Diversity. Families touched by Paradise Babies represent many cultures and traditions. We accept and celebrate the differences that make us all unique. English and Spanish languages are spoken and understood by adults and children at Paradise Babies every day.
· Safety Standards. Health and safety are interwoven into every aspect of our work through healthy food options, low adult to child classroom ratios, inspected and maintained supplies and equipment, ongoing child health checks, and constant environmental safety assessments. Paradise Babies is committed to modeling and defining health and safety standards for all child care centers in Roatan.
Our curriculum is:
- Age appropriate
- Individually appropriate
- Culturally appropriate
- Based on proper standards and milestones
- Based on children constructing their own knowledge
Paradise Babies works hard to ensure its employees are prepared to perform their jobs and that they enjoy being at work. We have regular staff development opportunities, organizational meetings, and social outings in order to reach these goals.
Vania Suazo, owner of Paradise Babies, grew up in Tegucigalpa and Brazil and has lived in Roatan since 2012. She has a degree in Journalism and is working on a Master’s in Business Management. She realized a need for quality care in Roatan after her son was born. Wanting to meet that need and provide a service to the community, she opened Paradise Babies in 2014. She speaks multiple languages, enjoys meeting children's needs, and has embraced the idea of developmentally appropriate practices.
Sindy Caceres has been working with Paradise Babies since its beginning. She is from Roatan and is a mother of three boys. Sindy is a keen observer of children, is skilled at engaging children in appropriate activities, and values organization.
Elvia Osorio joined the Paradise Babies team January 2016. Elvia, from Roatan, is a mother of four and appreciates the opportunity to work with young children in this setting. She values education for herself, her children, and the children in her care.
Trisha Ebanks started working with Paradise Babies in January 2017. Trisha is an intercultural bilingual teacher. She has worked with children all the way to sixth grade. Trisha is the primary teacher for preschool and will also oversee curriculum for the toddler and infant classrooms.
Read about what's happening at Paradise Babies this month.